Sustainable Community Strategy
In 2007 we embarked on a further review to create a new “Sustainable Community Strategy”. The strategies are designed to help us improve the economic, social and environmental well-being of the Borough. We also focused in on the need to look at what makes the places we live in. This is called the “Place Shaping” agenda by organisations and helps us get a clearer focus on the needs of particular places in the Borough.
To create the Sustainable Community Strategy we looked at lots of information available including population, crime figures, employment figures, education, available services and much more. We talked to organisations that represent you including councillors, parish and Town organisations and community groups. We also did a public consultation to get information form as many residents as possible. All this evidence was also used to produce the County level Sustainable Community Strategy of Leicestershire Together (Places in Charnwood report October 2007) and aligns with the second Leicestershire Local Area Agreement which was agreed in July 2008. It outlines the things that local people see as priorities and issues informed through the evidence base.
- The Local Area Agreement for Leicestershire
- Leicestershire Sustainable Community Strategy
- Loughborough East Priority Neighbourhood I (PDF, 1.3 Mb)
- Loughborough West Priority Neighbourhood (PDF, 1.5 Mb)
- South Charnwood Priority Neighbourhood - Syston (PDF, 1.2 Mb)
- South Charnwood Priority Neighbourhood - Thurmaston (PDF, 1.2 Mb)
- Mountsorrel Priority Neighbourhood (PDF, 1.4 Mb)